current mood: blah
Hey, everyone! I'm still alive. I know I haven't been very active of late. I took a short break to work on some original fiction, to procrastinate about working on some original fiction, to eat too much during the holidays, and to scream internally over the political climate of my country...All that jazz.
Anyhow. I'm dying to get back to the really important things in life: FANDOM. Like, fandom might actually be the only thing keeping me sane. Sane-ish. I know I don't have many readers here on LJ, but for the sake of my fake sanity, I thought it would be helpful for me to post a small list of things I'm working on or going to be working on. At some point. Like sometime between this month and five years from now.
So here's a list of some stuff I might be writing soon. Let me hear your thoughts.
* I See A Darkness (WIP) - I haven't updated in, oh, five years ;) But I have a doc open, I have scenes written, I have outlines being stared at on a regular basis. So, I'm actually working on this Criminal Minds/Supernatural fic again. Finally. I'm not a big-shot fanfic queen, but ISAD has a small following, and those people deserve to get an ending. Hell, I deserve to get an ending...I'm so mad at me for not writing one yet. >.<
* Angel-focused Superlock story - I'm not even beginning an outline for this until the end of this season of SPN, due to wanting to include info on the Men of Letters, but I've been wanting to write a story about fallen angels in the Sherlock verse for years. And I want this fic to be a nice long chapter fic, so I can savor it.
* Nothing Ever Happens in Sioux Falls (WIP) - I've already started this SPN/Teen Wolf crossover, put up a tease of a chapter, and then hesitated when I realized that I wanted to know more about the Stilinski family. Now that Season 6A is complete, I'm ready to start back...as soon as I get some ISAD written first. I mean, I have about ten active WIP stories, and I plan to get back to them, but this one is at the top of my list.
Speaking of Teen Wolf...
* Wouldn't a Sterek story that starts like that show Awkward be fun?
* Pass It On - One day I will write that Teen Wolf season 2 Stiles/Allison/Scott re-write.
* One day I will also write that story where the last surviving member of a pack is a toddler and needs to be delivered to its pack-allies, the Hales.
One day I'll finish some of this crap...
For the heroinebigbang, I had the chance to read a great short fic called "Final Draft" by peachpai (Owlpockets on AO3) and create a banner for the story. It was a wonderful character piece about my favorite NCIS character, Abby Scuito. Do check out the story and let the author know what you think.
Hey, friends! I hope you've all had a lovely Halloween! I had to work, but since I'm in retail, I had the chance to see all the superheroes, monster, princesses, and celebrities who dared to wander in for free candy. I, myself, decided to put a few feathers in my glasses and go as a store owl-sociate. The puns were strong with this one. Anyhow, I just thought I'd drop in and let you all know I'll be taking part in NaNoWriMo. I haven't decided if I'll update here (when I'm procrastinating) or if this place will become a dead zone for a month. We shall see... In the meantime, are any of you participating this year? I'm going back to the idea I wanted to work on last year, a Young Adult Supernatural Coming-of-Age story about friendship, dark magic, and being dead. Should be a hoot.
But, before we move into November, let me wish you all a HAPPY HALLOWEEN with this Supernatural/Hocus Pocus fanart I created for spn_bigpretzel's reverse bang. The very wonderful zelda_addict wrote a story for this piece called "Better Than Trick-or-Treating" that you need to go read!
het_bigbang is finally live, so I can reveal to you the art for patriciatepes' wonderful canon-divergent Harry Potter fanfic, "Brave New World." If you're a fan of Hermione/Snape, you really *must* check it out. It's a great read.
Summary: Partially DH compliant, most AU. Voldemort arrived at Malfoy Manor quicker than expected, and like that, the war was over. Now, Hermione is Snape’s “assigned companion,” and as determined as ever to stop Voldemort and save her friends. But that’s hard to do in Voldemort’s new world…
For the art (originally posted on AO3), I made a cover image and an illustration (no spoilers). The main text used in "I tell you all my secrets." The art is PG, while the story is Mature. Enjoy!
( See the Rest...Collapse )
I'm a bad blogger. You might have noticed this if you're on my flist. I seriously only seem to post when I have something to present. I rarely post anything personal. This is a problem I have when I try to post on my blog for my original fiction. I haven't updated it in...oh probably four years. And, before I stopped, most of my posts were just advertisements and release date announcements for short story anthologies featuring my works. So, a question for all my friends out there who keep a regular blog (that's not entirely about fandom): how do you come up with material to talk about? Do you ever feel nervous when writing about yourself or attempting to give advice?
On to the fun stuff...
The last piece I'm posting for the wipbigbang is a cover for the Afteriwake's Sherlock/Molly story "The Littlest Untruth." I originally posted the art and a link to a larger version HERE on AO3, but thought it would be fun to share on LJ as well. (Also this serves as a means to recommend Afteriwake's lovely story I guess.)
For the wipbigbang, I created art for captaintinymite's awesome Teen Wolf fic "The Route from Just Me to Three," which features a ship I adore, Lydia/Stiles/Derek.
Click on any of these to see the full-sized versions.
The Route from Just Me to Three by Captaintinymite: AO3
After their run-in with Sebastien Valet left Stiles and Lydia with life threatening injuries, Stiles decides that enough isenough. He has to get out of Beacon Hills before it killes him. When he learns that he's been accepted to a university in new York City, and that Lydia will be attending Columbia, they both arrange to graduate high school a semester early thanks to sufficient credits.
Derek, who has kept in touch with both Stiles and Lydia since he high-tailed it (no pun intended) out of town, invites them to share his condo in Long Island with him, and they jump on the chance.
The only problem?
Stiles is desperately in love with Derek, and now...recent events have brought what he thought were long since dissolved feelings for Lydia to the surface. Confused and worried about hurting one of his closest friends, he suffers alone. Until one night of heavy drinking changes things.
What is he going to do?